Band of the Blackhand Forum Index

Band of the Blackhand
World of warcraft Guild forum

Band of the blackhand

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It was his first action since Week 5.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: It was his first action since Week 5. Reply with quote

LAS VEGAS, Nev. Dermontti Dawson Jersey . - Maybe Anderson Silva wasnt quite the Spider again. After 13 months off with a broken leg, a comfortable victory over a taunting opponent was enough to make him collapse in tears.Silva won a unanimous decision in his comeback fight Saturday night, trouncing Nick Diaz at UFC 183.Silva (34-6) landed most of the big blows against the trash-talking Diaz, controlling a strange fight in the same MGM Grand Garden octagon where he shattered his lower leg with a kick to middleweight champion Chris Weidmans knee in December 2013.After months of rehabilitation and training, the 39-year-old Silva didnt yet resemble the dominant champion who held the 185-pound belt for seven years and earned his nickname with his inimitable athleticism. Yet he never faced much trouble from Diaz (27-10-1), who couldnt back up his goading with consistent offence.Thank you God for giving me one more chance, Silva said. This is a very important moment for me. I went through a lot of suffering in the past year. At the beginning, I didnt think I would be able to come back.Silva wept with relief when the decision was announced, crashing to the canvas. Diaz stepped in with a hand and kind words, encouraging and supporting the opponent he had taunted for five rounds.In a fight that resembled performance art at times, Diaz tormented Silva with increasingly elaborate gestures while daring him to brawl. Diaz stretched out flat on the canvas, backed up to the fence and even stood still with his chin exposed, daring Silva to engage.I felt like I was ahead most of the time, Diaz said. I dont know how he wins, on damage or what. I probably won every round ... but these judges, they dont like my attitude out here sometimes.Silva, himself a world-class clown at times in his career, kept it serious and pounded out a decision, winning 50-45 on two scorecards and 49-46 on the third. The Associated Press scored it 49-46 for Silva.Ill go back to my family, to my home, talk to my kids, Silva said when asked about his future.Tyron Woodley also won a split decision over previously unbeaten Kelvin Gastelum, who badly missed weight on Friday, and lightweight Al Iaquinta stopped veteran Joe Lauzon in the second round during the UFCs annual Super Bowl weekend show in its hometown.In a welterweight bout, Canadian Jordan (Young Gun) Mein, of Lethbridge, Alta., fell to veteran Thiago Alves at 4:20 of the second round by KO/TKO.Silva had won 10 straight title defences over seven years as the UFCs most dominant champion until Weidman shockingly stopped him in their first bout in July 2013.Their rematch ended with Silvas grotesquely broken leg, which required surgery before he could even walk again. Yet he never publicly wavered in his determination to return to fighting, even though it was against the wishes of his wife and five children.He returned to MMA training last fall after accepting this fight with Diaz, the former Strikeforce welterweight champion and a fellow fan favourite.Diaz had been away even longer, sitting out since March 2013 after back-to-back losses. The mercurial Diaz moved up 15 pounds for this fight, ending his semi-retirement for the big-money fight he craved.Although both fighters are known for entertaining antics in addition to their skills, few would have predicted the wacky first round. Diaz waited 20 seconds to gesture at Silva to hit him. He then stretched out on the canvas, stood stock-still, and even backed all the way to the fence with a shrug.Silva got into the action with a series of big shots late in the first round, while Diaz gradually got more serious. Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones stood up in the crowd when Silva returned to his stool, urging the former champ to breathe deeply.Diaz kept up the clowning in the second round, even scratching his behind at one point. Silva showed increasing confidence in his kicks, throwing enough to raise cherry-red welts on Diazs ribs.Silva kept up his steady offence and Diaz kept up his taunts in the final three rounds. Diaz opened the fifth by crouching, sticking out his chin and saying, Come on, one shot, to Silva, who kept circling.Gastelum (11-1) came in 9 pounds over the welterweight limit Friday, but Woodley (15-3) agreed to fight anyway. After outpointing Gastelum on two judges scorecards in a deliberate, low-action fight, Woodley said he would refuse the 30 per cent of Gastelums purse about $9,000 that he is due under Nevada Athletic Commission rules.Whatever the commission was going to take from this kid, I dont want it, Woodley said. The kid learned his lesson. I know what its like. Training camps cost too much.Earlier, Iaquinta (11-3-1) finished off the game Lauzon (24-11) with a big shot behind the right ear.Hundreds of Silvas Brazilian fans packed into Las Vegas for a show studded with their homelands fighters, raising Portuguese chants throughout the night. Daimion Stafford Jersey . Various media outlets, including the Detroit Free Press, indicate a deal is close, while USA Today cited an unidentified person directly involved with the negotiations as saying the pact is for two years. James Conner Jersey . - Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson sat on the scorers table at Oracle Arena on Wednesday morning. http://www.footballsteelerstore.us/Black-Friday-Stephon-Tuitt-Jersey/ . Ramirez is still hitting behind Puig, only now they are in the third and fourth spots, and the change is starting to generate positive results for manager Don Mattingly.Englewood, CO - Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas was listed as a non-participant in practice for a third straight day on Friday, leaving his status uncertain for this weekends game against the Miami Dolphins. Thomas, the NFLs leader with 12 touchdown catches this season, did take part in a few individual drills during Fridays session, according to the Broncos website. The team officially declared the 2013 Pro Bowl selection questionable for Sundays contest. Thomas sprained his left ankle in the first quarter of last weeks 22-7 loss at St. Louis and did not return to the game. The news was considerably better in regards to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who returned to the practice field Friday and is probable to play against the Dolphins. Sanders was forced out of the St. Louis game in the third quarter after sustaining a concussion on a vicious hit from Rams safety Rodney McLeod. Arthur Moats Jersey. . The offseason acquisition was cleared by a neurologist on Thursday night, however. Prior to departing last weeks tilt, Sanders recorded five catches for 102 yards and a touchdown for his third 100-yard effort in Denvers past four games. The Broncos will definitely be without running backs Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball for Sundays matchup, with both players ruled out. Hillman will miss a second straight week with a sprained foot, while Ball aggravated a groin injury against the Rams. It was his first action since Week 5. Backup tight end Virgil Green is considered questionable with a calf injury, but was a limited practice participant throughout the week. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Band of the Blackhand Forum Index -> RP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: