Band of the Blackhand Forum Index

Band of the Blackhand
World of warcraft Guild forum

Band of the blackhand

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Band of the Blackhand Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Eeeewwwww Reply with quote

Courtesy of Youkai, DK flying mount as seen in the beta. I pity all who want to ride this awful thing!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, flying skeleton ftw.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting Youkai: "Hope they change the model else we'll run through towns laughing, might get tiresome overtime.

Youkai is wise *nods*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha what the hell is that supposed to be?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body Talk

Have you ever wondered why you sometimes take an almost immediate liking to a person you have just met? Or worried about why someone you were talking to suddenly became cool and distant? The chances are that it wasn't anything that was said but something that happened: a gesture, a movement, a smile. Social scientists are now devoting considerable attention to "non-verbal communication," what happens when people get together, apart from their actual conversation.
Professor Erving Goffman of the University of Pennsylvania is involved in a continuing study of the way people behave in social interaction. He feels that gestures, movements and physical closeness have meaning which the words that the people are using do not carry.( wow power leveling)
The closeness of two people when talking, movement towards and away from each other, and the amount of eye contract all reveal something about the nature of the relationship between the two individuals. We tend to be only subconsciously aware, if at all, of the various patterns and rituals of social behavior. We expect other people to act according to the same "rules" that we do, so much so that the manners and behavior of persons from another culture can be extremely confusing.
Fox example, North Americans tend to expect more physical distance between two speakers than do Latin Americans. Consequently, when the Latin American seems to be leaning too close, the North American complains of "invasion of his space." The Latin American, on the other hand, often considers the North American to be "cold" or "distant" because he keeps a greater distance between himself and the person he is speaking to. (world of warcraft gold)
Eye contact is one way of measuring the degree of closeness of relationship between two speakers, although there are cultural variations in the meaning of eye contact. In the Middle East, for example, it is considered extremely provocative for a woman to let a man catch her eye, let alone return his gaze. Social psychologist Michael Argyle observes that there is more eye contact between people who like each other than those who are indifferent or hostile towards each other. And the longer the length of the gaze, the more likely it is that the listener is more interested in the person who is speaking, than the actual topic of conversation. Frequently looking down can indicate submissiveness or embarrassment. Looking away repeatedly may express boredom or dislike. Women tend to engage in more eye contract than men, especially when talking to other women. world of warcraft gold
But too steady eye contact can make one feel uneasy at times. Most people become uncomfortable under the intense gaze of a stare. One scientist suggests that perhaps one reason that man becomes tense under the force of a stare is in his biological ancestors: in apes, a stare signifies aggressiveness and hostility. The person who insistently fixes his eyes on our face is often more successful in arousing our dislike than impressing us with his directness and sincerity.
Similarly, the smile cannot always be interpreted as a sign of friendliness. The person who smiles almost constantly and with little apparent reason makes us uneasy. Even though he may believe that he is expressing friendliness, he may really seem nervous and tense. In other animals,world of warcraft power leveling, bared teeth are a warning gesture, a danger sign.
Genuine warmth or interest can be revealed in the eyes, suggests Dr. Eckhard Hess of the University of Chicago, who believes that the pupils of the eyes can indicate emotion or interest. The opened pupil tends to be associated with pleasant, satisfying experiences. That special sparkle in the lover's eyes need not be fantasy, for love may make the pupil grow larger. Sometimes when we feel that a person is "warm" or "friendly", it is possible we are reacting to a form of non-verbal communication - his opened pupils.
FFXI Gil,The next time you are at a party, take note of some of the silent messages being sent around you. Notice which persons seem to draw naturally together to speak, which others try to stay further apart or even avoid meeting each other's eyes. You may find that this silent language is much more fascinating than the actual conversation going on around you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I’d be twins!” He was a natural motivator.
world of warcraft power leveling
If an employee was having a bad day, Michael was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation. Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Michael and asked him, "I don'' t get it. You can'' t be positive all the time. How do you do it?"

Michael replied, each morning I wake up and say to myself ''Mike, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.'' I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right.replica watches, It isn''t that easy." I protested.

"Yes it is, " Michael said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line is: It''s your choice how you live life. " I reflected on what Michael said.

Soon thereafter, I left the big enterprise that I had worked in for years to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often though about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, replica watches,I heard Michael was involved in a serious accident, falling off 60 feet from a communications tower.

After l8 hours of surgery, and weeks of intensive care, Michael was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back. I saw Michael about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I’d be twins. Wanna see my scars?" I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.
replica watches,
"The first thing that went through my mind was the well being of my soon-to-born daughter," Michael replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, remembered I had two choices: I could choose to live or I could choose to die. I chose to live." "Weren’t you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked. Michael continued, "... the paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the operation room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, l read ''He''s a dead man.'' I knew I needed to take action." "What did you do?" I asked. "Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me” said Michael. "She asked me if I was allergic to anything. ‘Yes,’ I said. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled", ‘Gravity’” Over their laughter, I told them, ''I''m choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead''."

Michael lived,replica watches, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I 1eamed from him that every day we have a choice to live fully. Attitude is everything.

And with this prize that I have received as a Prize of Peace, I am going to try to make the home for many people who have no home. Because I believe that love begins at home, and if we can create a home for the poor I think that more and more love will spread. And we will be able through this understanding love to bring peace be the good news to the poor. The poor in our own family first, in our country and in the world. To be able to do this, our Sisters, our lives have to be wove with prayer. They have to be woven with Christ to be able to understand, to be able to share. Because to be woven with Christ is to be able to understand, to be able to share. Because today there is so much suffering…When I pick up a person from the street, hungry, I give him a plate of rice, a piece of bread, I have satisfied. I have removed that hunger. But a person who is shut out, who feels unwanted, unloved, terrified,replica watches, the person who has been thrown out from society-that poverty is so full of hurt and so unbearable…And so let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love, and once we begin to love each other naturally we want to do something.

Life is all about Choices

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wallet

As I walked home one freezing day, I stumbled on a wallet someone had lost in the street. I picked it up and looked inside to find some identification so I could call the owner. But the wallet contained only three dollars and a crumpled letter that looked as if it had been in there for years. The envelope was worn and the only thing that was legible on it was the return address. (world of warcraft power leveling)
I started to open the letter, hoping to find some clue. Then I saw the dateline -- 1924. The letter had been written almost sixty years earlier. It was written in a beautiful feminine handwriting, on powder-blue stationery with a little flower in the left-hand corner. It was a "Dear John"letter that told the recipient, whose name appeared to be Michael, that the writer could not see him any more because her mother forbade it. Even so, she wrote that she would always love him. It was signed Hannah.

It was a beautiful letter, but there was no way, except for the name Michael, to identify the owner. Maybe if I called information, the operator could find a phone listing for the address on the envelope. The operator suggested I speak with her supervisor, who hesitated for a moment, then said, "Well, there is a phone listing at that address, but I can't give you the number. " She said as a courtesy, she would call that number, explain my story and ask whoever answered if the person wanted her to connect me. Aion kina

I waited a few minutes and then the super-visor was back on the line. "I have a party who will speak with you. " I asked the woman on the other end of the line if she knew anyone by the name of Hannah. She gasped. " Oh! We bought this house from a family who had a daughter named Hannah. But that was thirty years ago!" "Would you know where that family could be located now?" I asked. "I remember that Hannah had to place her mother in a nursing home some years ago, "the woman said. "Maybe if you got in touch with them, they might be able to track down the daughter. "She gave me the name of the nursing home, and I called the number. The woman on the phone told me the old lady had passed away some years ago, but the nursing home did have a phone number for where the daughter might be living. I thanked the person at the nursing home and phoned the number she gave me. The woman who answered explained that Hannah herself was now living in a nursing home. This whole thing is stupid, I thought to myself. Why am I making such a big deal over finding the owner of a wallet that has only three dollars and a letter that is almost sixty years old?

Nevertheless, I called the nursing home in which Hannah was supposed to be living, and the man who answered the phone told me , "Yes, Hannah is staying with us. "Even though it was already 10 P. M. , I asked if I could come by to see her. "Well, "he said hesitatingly, "if you want to take a chance, she might be in the day room watching television. "

world of warcraft gold,I thanked him and drove over to the nursing home. The night nurse and a guard greeted me at the door. We went up to the third floor of the large building. In the day room, the nurse introduced me to Hannah. She was a sweet, silverhaired old-timer with a warm smile and a twinkle in her eyes. I told her about finding the wallet and showed her the letter. The second she saw the powder-blue envelope with that little flower on the left, she took a deep breath and said, "Young man, this letter was the last contact I ever had with Michael. "She looked away for a moment, deep in thought, and then said softly, "I loved him very much. But I was only sixteen at the time and my mother felt I was too young. Oh, he was so handsome. He looked like Sean Connery, the actor. "

"Yes, " she continued, "Michael Goldstein was a wonderful person. If you should find him, tell him I think of him often. And, " she hesitated for a moment, almost biting her lip, tears welled up in her eyes, "I never did marry. I guess no one ever matched up to Michael. . . "I thanked Hannah and said good-bye. I took the elevator to the first floor and as I stood by the door, the guard there asked, "Was the old lady able to help you?"I told him she had given me a lead. "At least I have a last name. But I think I'll let it go for a while. I spent almost the whole day trying to find the owner of this wallet. "I had taken out the wallet, which was a simple brown leather case with red lacing on the side. When the guard saw it, he said, "Hey, wait a minute! That's Mr. Goldstein's wallet. I'd know it anywhere with that bright red lacing. He 's always losing that wallet. I must have found it in the halls at least three times. " wow gold

"Who's Mr. Goldstein?"I asked, as my hand began to shake. "He 's one of the old-timers on the eighth floor. That's Mike Goldstein's wallet for sure. He must have lost it on one of his walks. "I thanked the guard and quickly ran back to the nurse's office. I told her what the guard had said. We went back to the elevator and got on. I prayed that Mr. Goldstein would be up.

On the eighth floor, the floor nurse said, "I think he's still in the day room. He likes to read at night. He 's a darling old man. "We went to the only room that had any lights on, and there was a man reading a book. The nurse went over to him and asked if he had lost hiswallet. Mr. Goldstein looked up with surprise, put his hand in his back pocket and said, "Oh, it is missing. ""This kind gentleman found a wallet and we wondered if it could be yours. "I handed Mr. Goldstein the wallet, and the second he saw it, he smiled with relief and said, "Yes, that's it! It must have dropped out of my pocket this afternoon. I want to give you a reward. "

"No, thank you, "I said. "But I have to tell you something. I read the letter in the hope of finding out who owned the wallet. "The smile on his face suddenly disappeared. "You read that letter?""Not only did I read it, I think I know where Hannah is. " ffxi gil

He suddenly grew pale. "Hannah?You know where she is?How is she?Is she still as pretty as she was?Please, please tell me, " he begged. "She's fine. . . just as pretty as when you knew her, " I said softly.

The old man smiled with anticipation and asked, "Could you tell me where she is?I want to call her tomorrow. "He grabbed my hand and said, "You know something, mister?I was so in love with that girl that when that letter came, my life literally ended. I never married. I guess I've always loved her. "

"Michael, " I said, "come with me. "We took the elevator down to the third floor. The hallways were darkened and only one or two little night lights lit our way to the day room, where Hannah was sitting alone, watching the television.

The nurse walked over to her. "Hannah, "she said softly, pointing to Michael, who was waiting with me in the doorway. "Do you know this man?"She adjusted her glasses, looked for a moment, but didn't say a word.

Michael said softly, almost in a whisper, "Hannah, it's Michael. Do you remember me?"She gasped. "Michael! I don't believe it! Michael! It's you! My Michael!"He walked slowly toward her, and they embraced. The nurse and I left with tears streaming down our faces. "See, "I said. "See how the good Lord works! If it's meant to be, it will be. "

world of warcraft power leveling, About three weeks later, I got a call at my office from the nursing home. "Can you break away on Sunday to attend a wedding?Michael and Hannah are going to tie the knot!"

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history of life on earth has been a history of interaction between living things and their surroundings. To a large extent, the physical form and the habits of the earth's vegetation and its animal life have been molded by the environment. Considering the whole span of earthly time, the opposite effect, in which life actually modifies its surroundings,has been relatively slight. Only in the present century has one species--man acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.
wow power leveling,
During the past quarter century this power has not only become increasingly great but it has changed in power leveling The most alarming of all man's assaults upon the environment is the contaminatien of air, earth, rivers, and sea with dangerous and even lethal materials. This pollution is for the most part irrecoverable. In this now universal contamination of the environment, chemicals are the sinister partners of radiation in changing the very nature of the world, the very nature of its
aoc gold,
It took hundreds of millions of years to produce the life that now inhabits the earth.aoc gold Given time not in years but in millennia life adjusts, and a balance has been reached. But in the modern world there is no time.
age of conan power leveling,
It is not my contention that chemical insecticides must never be used.age of conan power leveling I do contend that we have put poisonous and biologically potent chemicals indiscriminately into the hands of persons largely
aion gold,
or wholly ignorant of their potentials for harm.aion gold We have subjected enormous numbers of people to contact with these poisons, without their consent and often without their knowledge. I contend,furthermore, that we have allowed these chemicals to be used with little or no advance investigation of their effect on soil, water, wildlife, and man himself. Future generations are unlikely to forgive our lack of concern for the integrity of the natural world that supports all life.
maple story mesos,
The most pressing problem created by the rapid increase in population is a shortage of food.maple story mesos More mouths have to be fed every year and yet a high proportion of the existing population are not getting enough of the right kind of food. Over the past two years the total amount of food has decreased, and of course the total amount of food per person has decreased even more sharply.
dog clothes,
More and more of the babies born in developing countries have been surviving infancy,dog clothes and now nearly half the people living in those countries are under the age of 15. The adults have to work harder than ever to provide for the needs of the children,who cannot contribute to the economy until they are older. There is a shortage of schools and teachers, and there are not enough hospitals, doctors and nurses. Farming land is becoming scarce,so country people are moving to the towns and cities in the hope of finding a better standard of living. But the cities have not been able to provide housing, and the newcomers live in crowded slums.Finally, there are too few jobs, and unemployment leads to further poverty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good RuneScape Gold, to spend my birthday with some good friends. And as I look around the room, there are very few of you who I haven’t, in some form or fashion, worked directly with on an issue -- some of you dating back to when I was in the state legislature , some of you who I’ve worked with in the United States Senate, and all of you who I’ve had the opportunity to work with as President of the United States RuneScape Gold.
archlord gold,
So I am grateful. And I want to first of all thank Rich, not only for inviting me here, not only for I know making clear my commitment to all of you during an earlier session today, but also for your outstanding leadership of the labor movement. And we very much appreciate everything that you do. I want to thank Liz and Arlene for bucking up Rich all the time -- (laughter) -- and making him look good. This is a shared leadership, and we are very proud of them. I want to thank all the members of the Executive Council, all my brothers and sisters in the AFL-CIO archlord gold.
last chaos gold,
Together, you are fighting for the hardworking men and women in this country after nearly 10 years of struggle. The middle class has been struggling now for about a decade -- 10 years in which folks felt the sting of stagnantincomes and sluggish job growth and declining economic security, as well as at least eight years in which there was a profound animosity towards the notion of unions.It’s going to take some time to reverse all that’s been done, but we’re on the right track. We’re moving forward. And that’s what I’m going to want to talk to you about briefly today last chaos gold.
wow cd keys,
I hope you don’t mind me interjecting , though, a topic, because it’s in the news right now and I want to make sure that all of you are aware of it.One place in our country where people have faced particular struggles in the last few months is in the Gulf of Mexico as a result of the BP oil spill. So it was very welcome news when we learned overnight that efforts to stop the well through what’s called a “static kill” appear to be working -- and that a report out today by our scientists show that the vast majority of the spilled oil has been dispersedor removed from the water. So the long battle to stop the leak and contain the oil is finally close to coming to an end. And we are very pleased with that wow cd keys.
maple story power leveling,
Our recovery efforts, though, will continue. We have to reverse the damage that’s been done, we will continue to work to hold polluters accountable for the destruction they’ve caused, we’ve got to make sure that folks who were harmed are reimbursed, and we’re going to stand by the people of the region however long it takes until they’re back on their feet.Now, beyond the Gulf, many of those who’ve been hit hardest by the economic upheaval of recent years have been the people that you represent. For generations, manufacturing was the ticket to a better life for the American worker maple story power leveling.
sunglasses replica,
But as the world became smaller, outsourcing , an easier way to increase profits, a lot of those jobs shifted to low-wage nations. So, many who held those jobs went to work in the construction industry, as we had the housing boom. But when the subprime mortgage crisis hit, when those mortgages were called up on Wall Street, that bubble burst, leaving devastation everywhere sunglasses replica .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast wow gold wow gold com has scored a brand new columnist to take over the Player Perspectives article series.
cheap aion kinah
Self-confessed 'altoholic',cheap aion kinah Isabelle Parsley brings a new voice to the team, one that we're sure you will appreciate.
cheap aion kinah
Find out more about Isabelle "Ysharros"cheap aion kinah Parsley in her inaugural column and then say 'hi' on the forums!
ffxi gil
My very first MMO was Turbine’s Asheron’s Call,ffxi gil which I started playing almost exactly a decade ago,Fantasy XI GIL back in October or November 2000.
Final Fantasy XI GIL
Sure, I’d played a few single-player RPGs in the 90s, but that first MMO was like a different world. A huge world! With loads of other,maple story mesos real people! All running around in my world!
maple story mesos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

replica sunglasses
In modern society, there are no longer tools for eyesight correction, but constitute the major part of fashion accessories. Fashion glasses are just like your fashion clothes and you want to make sure you are stylish everyday replica sunglasses.
Designer SunGlasses
So it is important to know new fashion trend of glasses because you will probably not change your eyeglasses as much as you change your clothes.One kind of glasses which are fashionable should be rimless mens eyeglasses which are classic that people can not see you wearing at all Designer SunGlasses.
sunglasses replica
They are the favorite of those who hate to wear glasses while they have to for some reasons. Moreover, rimless glasses provide a minimalistic look and are lightweight. Frameless as they are, composing of hinges, nose pads, the bridges and arms, rimless eyeglasses can also be designed to be as varied as traditional framed glasses sunglasses replica.
replica sunglasses
Plastic glasses are always popular, especially for women. The newly popularized plastic eyeglasses are those whose sides are make a little bit details, for example, inlaid diamonds or designing the logo replica sunglasses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All focus on CTA,so as the power leveling,
The people overwow power leveling at Taverncraft have announced the release of two new World of Warcraft themed Coffee Tankards available at their website forwow power leveling $19.99 a piece (plus S&H).wow power leveling,The Ironforge tankard captures the cavernous city of the Alliance's dwarven domain while the Undercity tankard features a panoramic scene of the Horde's capital of the of warcraft power leveling Each microwave,world of warcraft power leveling, dishwasher and freezer safe tankard is hand casted from fine grain stoneware and holds a hefty 18 of warcraft power leveling (.53 ltrs.)world of warcraft power leveling, of your favorite hot or cold wow power leveling Only $19.99 apiece (plus shipping/handling),cheap wow power leveling, the tankards feature custom bodies that emulate the robust look and feel of Azeroth and are the perfect companion to the best selling Stormwind & Orgrimmar wow gold,
How do you think about the New Ironforge & Undercity Coffee cheap wow gold Tankards?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wedding dresses,
Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey have yet to set a wedding date, wedding dresses but Minnillo is considering a winter wedding theme for the big day.
prom dresses,
"[I saw] a wedding booklet about the Ritz-Carlton weddings that they do and it was a winter theme and it was beautiful," prom dresses she tells People.
wedding dresses,
"Something about winter, wedding dresses it's one of my favorite seasons, it's very romantic. The twinkle lights and the greenery and the snow. So that taught me I need to be more open-minded. We'll figure it out."
wedding gowns,
The couple, wedding gowns who got engaged in November, are laid back about the process and not rushing into making decisions.
Mother of the Bride dresses
"We're easy, Mother of the Bride dresses that's what I love about it," she says. "Neither of us are letting it dictate our lives.
wedding gowns,
We're gonna let it go with the flow... and I have faith in the team that we put together to make it as seamless as possible."wedding gowns

Fashionable Top 5 Inspired Bridal Looks

Girls,I browsed a lot of sites,and get these collecions for you.
From these bridal dresses will make your wedding this year's most glamorous ceremony.
Coment me babe,i need your

Wedding Trend Alert: Colorful Bridal Gowns

Many bridal designers seemed to use different colors to make the gowns special enough.Champagne,Ivory,that's not enough.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you leave your old game because one was shiny and new, or because you'd already completed all the content for your current patch/expansion (or at least, all you had access to)?
Did you leave because of class/abilities/content nerfs, or because these features affected the way you grinded?
Face it, the grind is the most important part of an MMO. An open world, leveless game with completely balanced skills/classes and no artificial "skill ups" (i.e. the game says your accuracy increased as opposed to having learned when and how to release an arrow to hit a moving target) may seem perfect, but how long would you play it? One may point to Second Life, but few people consider it an MMO, not just because it lacks content, but because it lacks a grind. The high amount of customization also makes it so players can potentially create anything they want. If this occured in, say, World of Warcraft, why would people raid when they could make better gear?
wow power leveling,
cheap wow gold,
buy wow gold,
world of warcraft power leveling
cheap rift gold,
wow power leveling,
cheap wow power leveling,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Band of the Blackhand Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: